New w10 ASUS Ultrabook Unable to Wake from Sleep

petersleepy

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi guys,

I've run into some issues with my new Asus ux303ua ultrabook that just arrived today. Whenever I try to wake my computer from sleep (either from opening the screen or pressing a button) all I get is a black screen that doesn't go away, although the laptop seems to still respond to actions such as changing the keyboard backlight brightness. The only thing that I did to the computer at the time before my first time putting it to sleep was updating the integrated gpu driver from the factory default, which I don't think is a problem since I already did a full factory restore after that and the problem still persists.

Solutions that I have already tried:

■ Updating graphics card drivers
    ■ Changing sleep and power options

In addition, I tried flashing the BIOS to a newer version, but the only version available on the ASUS website is the same as the one on my laptop, as it is quite new. Could the preinstalled BIOS on the computer possibly be faulty?

Another solution that I found that solved the problem for a lot of others is this https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3fmsg8/windows_10_is_great_but_seems_to_have_a_problem/cuama62 but when I try to install Intel MEI 9, an error pops up stating that "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements."
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Hi,

Please do try changing these settings in Power Options that may help.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also make sure that the mouse and keyboard are both set to wake up the laptop.

petersleepy

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Does this fix the sleep problem or just disable sleep forever?

CrazyMav

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

It's just a method of troubleshooting the problem. You can work your way back once the problem is resolved, if these steps do resolve it.
You would need to set your sleep settings to your liking after though.

petersleepy

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Hi, I just got some time to try this and my laptop still doesn't wake from sleep.