Screen Blacks out/in on ONLY a few games

Jesse Barth

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
So i've been dealing with this for a while now, at least for 6 months now. It's finally driving me insane. First of all, I have looked at quite a few other posts (with keywords "screen blacks out" in the display category), and i've applied pretty much every one of the solutions ive read up on, nothing works. In-game, (only game I care to have this problem with would be Fallout 4) every 3-20mins, screen will black out for right around 1 second, input info will show up, and it will go back to normal. No frame drops, no driver/any errors popping up. I've tried using 4 different HDMI cables, i've tried the backlight solution, i've tried power options, I've tried switching the gpu's into different PCIe slots AND hooking up the HDMI cables to the respective GPUs that i have selected as the primary GPU. Haven't tried rolling back the gpu driver yet or having the tv looked at for damaged capacitors (even though its not even a year old, the GTX 980s are about 4-5 months old). Also had the same problem with my two GTX 780s before the ones I have now. I'm at my wits end here lol it's driving me batty.

This is what I'm running

32gb RAM
Intel i7 4770k
MSI Gaming G87-65 1150 socket
MSI GTX 980 in SLI
Strider 1000W Gold PSU
EVO 850 SSD

Vizio M43-C1 4K UHD Tv

Jesse Barth

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
been quite some time later and recently ive encountered the problem again, this time reinstalling the drivers didnt help, even tried all hdmi ports on both tvs i have, still no solution.