Please help me.. Is this monitor good enough for gaming??? (ASUS VP228H)

G

Solution
The monitor you've linked to is a decent monitor. I really like ASUS quality. The size is a little small for my tastes, but the specs are pretty decent. It's got a 1mS G-t-G (Gray to Gray) response time which is excellent (should minimize ghosting) and a 75Hz maximum refresh. While 75Hz is better than 60Hz, it's obviously not going to be as good as 120 - 144Hz (especially in FPS's), but the downside to the faster refresh rates is they are more expensive.

I don't think you can go wrong with that monitor for the price, particularly since it's intended use is going to be gaming. One thing about a cheaper monitor like this, if you pair it with a couple more later on, you can have a relatively decent, inexpensive surround setup...
The monitor you've linked to is a decent monitor. I really like ASUS quality. The size is a little small for my tastes, but the specs are pretty decent. It's got a 1mS G-t-G (Gray to Gray) response time which is excellent (should minimize ghosting) and a 75Hz maximum refresh. While 75Hz is better than 60Hz, it's obviously not going to be as good as 120 - 144Hz (especially in FPS's), but the downside to the faster refresh rates is they are more expensive.

I don't think you can go wrong with that monitor for the price, particularly since it's intended use is going to be gaming. One thing about a cheaper monitor like this, if you pair it with a couple more later on, you can have a relatively decent, inexpensive surround setup. However you'd need the graphics power to push three monitors, so keep that in mind if what I've said tweaked you thought processes at all.

Solution
1) Above Asus is not 75Hz at 1920x1080. It is 60Hz.

2) I prefer IPS panels which may have a small amount of ghosting but the color/angle is far more important to me.

This is the cheapest IPS I'd recommend: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vc239h

It's also 23" (vs 21.6" for the Asus TN above) which doesn't sound like a lot but it's noticeable.

3) Cheaper TN?
I don't see any that I would recommend. You can look at the monitors offered at the pcpartpicker link above.

Photon is correct. That is a little deceptive, they list a range of vertical refresh rates (50-75Hz) which I mistakenly assumed would be up to it's native resolution. It wasn't until I dug right into the manual that it specifies what refresh rates are supported at various resolutions.

As for the debate about TN versus IPS, when it comes to gaming color accuracy is a moot point. Most gamers are willing to sacrifice color accuracy to not have a smudge on screen when playing games that are very busy. Viewing angles are better with IPS, and the various versions of VA type monitors, but this only really makes a difference if you have someone sitting beside you watching you play. Most of us game with their monitors directly in front of them and not so close that angle becomes an issue.

Now if you did photo work or professional document creation, IPS or a VA panel types would definitely be better. That's not to say that you can't get fast IPS panels (overdriven), but these are very expensive (prohibitively) monitors and certainly not for someone on a budget.