Solved

(BSOD) tcpip.sys / Ntoskrnl.exe - Bad_Pool_Header

Hi,
in the last few days i got BSOD and searched for a solution but with no success.
at the minidumo i saw tcpip.sys and ntoskrnl.exe but no idea what to do after.
here is links to 2 dump files:
First File
Second File
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bsod tcpip sys ntoskrnl exe bad pool header
  1. Best answer
    to make it easier for both of us to understand the errors, download and run a scan of this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
    it will look at log files and make them easier to read.

Paste results in here unless it makes it obvious what cause is (one clue, its not the two things you mentioned)

try running a full anti virus scan.

tcpip.sys is to do with network so could guess you need new network card drivers.
    the other error not so easy to guess.
  2. ok so after seeing it:
    On Wed 13/04/2016 14:55:04 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041316-4750-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x6135)
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFE0004F96E6B0, 0xFFFFE0004F96E6D0, 0x402000E)
    Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
    product: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
    company: Malwarebytes Corporation
    description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
    Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).
    Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation BAD_POOL_HEADER

On Wed 13/04/2016 14:55:04 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFE0004F96E6B0, 0xFFFFE0004F96E6D0, 0x402000E)
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).

On Wed 13/04/2016 13:39:33 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041316-4390-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFE0017AF62170, 0xFFFFE0017AF62190, 0x4020017)

On Mon 11/04/2016 12:40:04 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041116-5218-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFE0001BCB4D00, 0xFFFFE0001BCB4D20, 0x4020017)

I tried updating malwarebytes and will check if this BSOD will return, if it does i will uninstall it.
    thanks for showing me the program to read it better.
  3. no problem, its a handy program to have around.

Malwarebytes created the only 2 bsod I have had this year so it didn't last long. I thought I had removed it but its still on my pc, I just never use it now. It was set to auto run.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen TCP/IP Ntoskrnl.Exe