Multi monitor screen stuttering

Racinglife12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Hi

I just noticed a slight problem. I just took my old 1280x1024 18.1" 75hz monitor from the attic and hooked it up to my pc as a 2nd monitor. I intend to get a 3rd 1280x1024 one so I have a triple monitor setup. But for now I'm using it to browse chrome and pickup skype calls when I'm gaming. But on my main monitor when I'm gaming I have this horrible jittering/stuttering in game. The 18.1" one is just showing desktop so it should'nt take much GPU power.

System Specs:
Intel Core I5 3470
Sapphire Radeon R9 390
Asus P8 Z77 VL-X
16GB RAM

Is there any way to stop this stuttering because it annoys me.
I also used an FPS counter to seen how much FPS I got and its solid 60 and above

Thanks

Solution
Oh that's not an issue with your setup or your settings, that's just a fluke with AMD drivers. Why not get AMD Gaming Evolved and have it check for the latest beta drivers and see if it finds a new set of drivers then install them, restart and see if the problem goes away.

Racinglife12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

Vsync is enabled in every game to avoid screen tearing so that isn't the case. But thanks for replying :)

What is the specific model of your graphics card, I believe Sapphire makes more than one version of the R9 390. I would like to know so that I can find out exactly how much VRAM you have. But typically the R9 3xx series has plenty of VRAM so I doubt that's the problem but it's worth looking into anyway...

Are you using any adapters between your GPU and your monitor? You're not trying to go from DVI/HDMI to VGA are you?

Racinglife12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

Its the R9 390 Tri-X cooling with 8GB of VRAM.
My main monitor is running on HDMI with no adapters.
The 1280x1024 one has a VGA to DisplayPort adapter between it. But I've noticed that the stuttering is gone when I switch to fullscreen on my main monitor instead of Fullscreen Borderless. But then I can't acces the 2nd monitor without the game minimizing and sometimes crashing

Oh that's not an issue with your setup or your settings, that's just a fluke with AMD drivers. Why not get AMD Gaming Evolved and have it check for the latest beta drivers and see if it finds a new set of drivers then install them, restart and see if the problem goes away.

Solution

Racinglife12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

Thats the thing I have the latest drivers already. But im going to check for updates. I'll leave a reply if anything happend

Racinglife12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

Well I be damned it actually worked :D I downloaded the new crimson 16.4.1 drivers and now the problem has been resolved. I accidentally downloaded the 15.2 drivers yesterday since my Gaming Evolved Program was gone XD
Thank you very much dude :D and all the others ofcourse

TRENDING THREADS