Cyberpower ibuypower etc...

Iknowjackaboutpcs

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Hey tomshardware community,

i'm looking for a decent budget pc thats also pre-built. As my name suggests i dont know anything about building pc's but am a pc gamer. I would say my upper limit budget is $1,000 and was wondering if any of the pc's on a pre-built pc web site is worth buying. Looking to play newer games on 1080p @ 60 FPS on high/ultra settings. If someone could help me out i'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,
PC Noob

PS: was looking at this one maybe? https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Z97_i7_Configurator

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
That's actually not a bad build a few changes I would recommend

i7 -> Intel® Core™ Processor i5-4690 3.50 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 - i7 is far too powerful for the GPU with the build, unless you are running multiple GPUs going to be overkill and wasted money
960 -> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card) -> one of the best cards for 1080p gaming
PSU -> 600 Watts - EVGA 600 80 PLUS Power Supply - the other brand is a very cheap option, this is probably not a great PSU still but at least a more reputable brand
SSD -> if you have some extra cash then I would highly recommend an SSD, makes everything faster and the HDD can still be used for storage, or switch the HDD to an SSD for better performance and grab an HDD later