Am I on the right track for my education? Computer Engineering.

HybridXephius

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2015
I am an 18 year old currently living in texas who wants to pursue a degree in Computer Science and electrical engineering(Computer Engineering). I have always wanted to work for Nvidia or Intel. Basically, I want to do GPU architectural engineering for a career. Ive decided to start at a junior college this fall with a major in computer science to get all of the basic classes out of the way first and to save money for a large university. when I graduate with an associates in CS, I plan to transfer to an ABET certified University to focus on getting a bachelors in Computer Engineering. Am I on the right track or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks!

Solution
You should ask your career center, they can help you ask the questions you have not asked yet. Going to a community college for 2 years then transferring is not bad, just make sure it transfers. I would advise you to peruse internships so you can make a name for a big company to recognize you. I am doing a similar thing, but for a comp science degree in IT and data centers. I am applying to lower level stuff in my field and internships with paid housing.

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
You should ask your career center, they can help you ask the questions you have not asked yet. Going to a community college for 2 years then transferring is not bad, just make sure it transfers. I would advise you to peruse internships so you can make a name for a big company to recognize you. I am doing a similar thing, but for a comp science degree in IT and data centers. I am applying to lower level stuff in my field and internships with paid housing.

Solution