Green fuzzy pixels making dots/lines - moving now but weren't before? Why is this on my monitor?? :(

jackiestinks

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Specs:
Asus H81M-K mobo
Intel Pentium G3258
750Ti
Acer S220HQL monitor

----

I recently just bought an entry level gaming pc on craigslist (yeah, I know - bad idea) But this is a budget build just for CSGO or DayZ - and I bought an Acer S220HQL monitor at the same time.

for the past month, on and off, there have been green fuzzy lines/dots on my monitor. At first, I thought it was the DVI cable cause I accidentally sheared one of the male parts on the cable - and this morning I had sheared the other male part. My PC only has support for DVI or HDMI, So I bought a VGA to DVA cable. and it worked, I thought my life was complete. But theeeennnn, I get the green fuzzy lines or dots again except this time they're like flashing.

So, could this be a result as a faulty monitor, or faulty graphics card? I've gotten the cord complete new, so that can't be it.

Please help, concentrating while I see all this green dots is very difficult.

Solution
is the computer still under warranty? if not under warranty then take the video card out & try the onboard video port to see if correct problem or not. try another monitor even borrowed for testing purposes to see if does same thing or not.
is the computer still under warranty? if not under warranty then take the video card out & try the onboard video port to see if correct problem or not. try another monitor even borrowed for testing purposes to see if does same thing or not.

Solution