Can I use this method to re-install windows on my SSD?

G

So, I want to re-install windows and this time on my OCZ trion 100 SSD instead of my WD 1tb blue. I don't want drivers and stuff left over if I can help it.

I have a USB box copy w/ flash drive and key, so what I plan to do is put the USB flash drive in and enter my key again. when I go to drive selection I plan to select the main partitions on both drives and repeatedly press delete since this usually leaves me with the drive's main storage space as a cleaned-out and non-deletable partition. What mean to do with this part is delete all my old files and my previous windows installation. Then, I will select the SSD for installation and complete the process.

Will this method work? Is it a bad method?

Solution
Assuming you want to start from a clean, bare install, all is good.
Except: You probably do not have to enter your license key again. Where did this Win 10 come from? Something you purchased, preinstalled, or Upgraded from something else?

USAFRet

Titan
Assuming you want to start from a clean, bare install, all is good.
Except: You probably do not have to enter your license key again. Where did this Win 10 come from? Something you purchased, preinstalled, or Upgraded from something else?

Solution
G

I bought a box copy of Windows 10 (USB) from the shop and yes it always requires me to enter the key to start the installation process. I used to have 8.1 but I deleted it. Still uses a windows 8 install U.I or whatever to install windows 10 but that's probably because the motherboard is configured for windows 8 (advertises "supports windows 8!" on the box) ASRock H81m-HDS.

also will this method delete everything off my drives? I don't want anything left.

G

Actually ignore my earlier message, it wasn't a windows 8 installer just a generic windows installer UI. nevermind.

Also I did those things and I now am writing this from the same machine with windows on the SSD and all files cleaned out.