Looking for a multiple monitor solution.

dirtyblacksocks

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I'm upgrading to a new game rig, and with that comes a monitor upgrade.

I'd like to be running a 32" 1440p monitor as my main display, with two 24" BenQ monitors on either side as reference displays for other things I do with the PC, streaming purposes etc.

I'm wondering if there are any good dual monitor arms that will mount to a desk which will allow me to place a monitor on either side and slightly elevated from the 32" monitor in both horizontal and vertical configuration.

Does anyone have recommendations on this?

While I'm at it, does anyone have opinions on FreeSync vs. GSync for gaming in 1440p. Basically this system is going to be revolving around playing Dark Souls 3 at maximum settings, which I understand requires a 980Ti or R9 Fury X - but I've not seen what FreeSync looks like, only GSync (which I was thoroughly impressed with.)

Any input on these solutions would be appreciated, while I like the built in water cooling on the Fury X, as the GPU is really going to be the power house in a system like this versus the CPU load - I feel that if FreeSync is not as good as GSync it warrants going with the 980Ti (possibly 980Ti SLI configuration.)

Could someone either link me to an article that goes over the pro's and con's of both FreeSync and GSync, or just give me their opinions on it - and of course a recommendation on a solid dual monitor swing arm stand that will allow me to place 24" monitors on both sides of a 32" monitor.

Thank you so much for your time, I'm pretty sick right now and trying to find this information on my own is proving to be a headache.

Solution
You should choose gsync or freesync after you chose your gpu. At this point 1440p is quite taxing for even the 980ti so Gsync that has a larger window and it is coupled with the most power full card at this point is the best choice. Generally freesync is a bit more juvenile than Gsync (lower thresholds, less stable). Pc Perspective has some articles/videos on the topic.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
You should choose gsync or freesync after you chose your gpu. At this point 1440p is quite taxing for even the 980ti so Gsync that has a larger window and it is coupled with the most power full card at this point is the best choice. Generally freesync is a bit more juvenile than Gsync (lower thresholds, less stable). Pc Perspective has some articles/videos on the topic.

Solution