[PRICE CHECK] Alienware M14x R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatshiver

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
I have an Alienware M14x R2 that I would like to price check.

It has the following:

• 3840QM
    4GB LDDR3 RAM
    500GB 850 EVO SSD
    500GB HDD
    GT 650M 2GB GDDR5
Thanks!

Zelate

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
It is impossible to predict, you will have to check finishing prices on ebay and cross your fingers as well as time the posting well.
The point of posts like these is for one of us to look online/use past experience to give a price evaluation.

I've bought one a long time ago for $540 that was in perfect condition with the box and all accessories on ebay (same but with 8gb of RAM and no SSD).
That was 4 years ago, so I'd say it's worth around $400 today, plus the SSD (~$100) for around $500.

heatshiver

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007

No need to start a war, not that important. There is no reason to attack Zelate for a good answer (even if considered inaccurate by others).

I do appreciate the evaluation from Zelate, and as well as the feedback from tea urchin. Actually, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to post something they consider helpful to me.

The only reason I posted here was because of people like Zelate, those who may have seen or purchased a similar model, so that I might price it according to that.

I had already checked eBay, but it is hard to guess exactly what something like this costs. I see ones for extreme amounts, others for much less, and sometimes bids on something that is more expensive than the same model with higher specs.

If I get a price from here, I can use it (at least) as a jumping off point to determine what I should try to sell it for elsewhere, or what price I might be able to get close to on an auction site.

Again, thanks for the posts, and keep it civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.