First PC build, monitor working 50% of the time

AnthonyPolymtl

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Hey guys,

Here's a pretty weird one, I have no idea how to fix it!

Here's how my monitor reacts everyday: I turn the pc on, the monitor doesn't receive any signal. So I force shut down the computer. I turn it back on 10 seconds after, and now it works.

This has been happening to me 100% of the time, the monitor only working the 2nd time I turn the system on.

All my drivers are installed properly (might as well double check that). The gaming and work done works completely fine, I have no other issues other than this.

Here's the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage 2: Western Union 2TB Internal Hard Drive
Videocard: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor

Please help. Thanks in advance for all your responses!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, make sure that your PC has the latest BIOS version installed. (Version 4.B)
- Here's the link for the latest BIOS: http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/7850v4B.zip
- Once done and if the same problem will persist, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the PC once the driver has been installed then test it again after the reboot.

AnthonyPolymtl

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I updated my BIOS to its latest version and re-installed the graphics card driver.
However, I am still having the same issue, where my monitor only starts receiving signal the second time I boot the system!