Built in speaker volume incredibly low, despite settings maxed out

Talzz8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hello there!

Last year I built a PC, played around with it for a while but then, due to real life, didn't have the chance to use it often. Now I recently started using it again, but I soon noticed a very annoying issue; my display has incredibly low volume. Back when I still used my pc, I mostly used headphones, but due to my work I cannot use them so I prefer to have the display speakers on.

All sound settings are maxed, loudness equation has been enabled in the properties and the device is set as default. I have a hdmi cable so cables shouldn't be an issue at all.
My drivers are up to date as it uses the nvidia HD audio.
I know the sound can go higher, because whenever I test the device in playback devices it gives an incredibly loud noise which is also seen on the sound bar thing to the right.
But whenever I play sound from other programs while keeping an eye on that sound bar, it never seems to go over 2-3 of the bars. Which I know isn't right.

Running out of options here, so wondering if I can get some help here as it is seriously annoying me when I want to watch a film across the room! Even my phone has higher volume!

Thank you for reading

Solution

You need to post the system configuration, because nobody would know what you are trying to control.
But basically,
You have 3 volume controls actually. Maybe even more than that.
One in the audio software (or audio player), one in widows (windows audio mixer), and one on the speakers (or monitor, etc...).
Unless all three are controlled (volume UP) the audio will be too low.

Find the widows audio mixer and check your levels.
What operating system are you using? I don't know...

Solution