Driver Signature Enforcement Problems Win 7 64 bit

Snapwave

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
So just after the last microsoft update I've been experiencing a small issue. Which became more troublesome as time goes on.

Basically, when my computer logs on without me pressing F8 to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement function it will only boot into a low resolution which is i think 1400x800. When i disable the DSE function I can get my normal 1920x1080. But the important problem here is that I am not able to install my new game RUST with DSE disabled. When i dont disable DSE i go to my drivers in the Device Manager and it says i got a code 52. That the drivers werent able to recognize signature or something like that. Im not sure if thats what it says but its something along the lines of not being able to detect the signature or something. Why is this happening? How can i fix this?

A bit more too....

a while ago i tried to install a new graphics card which i since took out because it was incompatible with my motherboards bios... anyways so i used a Guru 3D to disable my old drivers and not turn them back on until (i forget how) did something to undo the Guru 3D disabling. I never solved that issue I just went to a previous Restore Point a day before i used the 3D. And since then it was fine. But now i had an update and this is happening. Is that related at all? Just trying to share everything i think may be relevant.

Ive checked for Viruses.. i used a microsoft client and this TDDS or something thing.... and they both found nothing.

I went into my EventViewer and found this:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity
Date: 4/19/2016 11:35:54 AM
Event ID: 3004
Task Category: (1)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: RIG
Description:
Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\drivers\atikmpag.sys because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity" Guid="{4EE76BD8-3CF4-44A0-A0AC-3937643E37A3}" />
<EventID>3004</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Opcode>104</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-19T16:35:54.701652700Z" />
<EventRecordID>37</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="52" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>RIG</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="FileNameLength">61</Data>
<Data Name="FileNameBuffer">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\drivers\atikmpag.sys</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Solution
''windows updates & change the settings from "automatic install" to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them". ''

that's what I said above and feel its your better policy that way you can review any update and then decide weather to allow it to download and install if you find one reported botched or just something you feel is unnecessary then you can decline and hide it and you will not get it back unless you ask to restore hidden updates to grab one you hid and feel you now need ...

[great for declining all the windows 10 malware you will get ] decline and hide

I should of added this part though ,

'' after system restore is done & computer restarted then go into control panel to windows...

Snapwave

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

thats what i found in event viewer error as well. it must be this.

why I try to explain why I don't use 3ed party tools like what ever you use and things like duu , driversweeper what ever . in my 16 years all I ever had to do is use the uninstaller that's in programs and features that came in the driver from amd or NVidia and never had a issue

I hate to think a 3ed party know better then the drivers vendor does on properly removing its driver and no telling what it may of done and now here you are no telling what they did and removed or corrupted something it should not needed to

you say after a Microsoft update ?? what one give its KB number like [kb 300128] ? there was a windows update a long time ago that screwed amd hardware but you should not of got it today and should of been pulled

list your system specs and where you got your driver from , was it from a 3ed party as well or from AMD ?

[Manually Select Your Driver]

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

''Windows Root Certificate Program in Windows. The update modifies the Windows Root Certificate checker so that it looks for bad root certificates daily
Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/windows-7-kb3004394-update-causes-driver-issues-many_155145#9CBqdEmoJP6Fq4tj.99''

''Yes since the update i did a restore. and then it updated again. and now i was back to where i started. should i avoid the update ?''

way yes if its doing you harm just hide it and do not let it download and install

never do auto updating you need to change that setting in windows update to something like -- ''check for updates but let me decide weather to download and install''' so you can review them first

Snapwave

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Hey JM,

to be honest there have been a number of updates since this has been happening i've come to find. and i dont know which one. Come to think of it, Im not sure if it actually was an update that caused it or the pc restarting.

yeah youre right that Guru3D must have messed up my drivers now... :/

Do you think i could possible fix this if i dedid my graphic drivers? Like if i uninstalled without using that crappy software and reinstalled it from the site?

Snapwave, if wired to your router then disconnect the Ethernet cable from back of computer. redo the system restore again to before that update. after system restore is done & computer restarted then go into control panel to windows updates & change the settings from "automatic install" to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them".

''windows updates & change the settings from "automatic install" to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them". ''

that's what I said above and feel its your better policy that way you can review any update and then decide weather to allow it to download and install if you find one reported botched or just something you feel is unnecessary then you can decline and hide it and you will not get it back unless you ask to restore hidden updates to grab one you hid and feel you now need ...

[great for declining all the windows 10 malware you will get ] decline and hide

I should of added this part though ,

'' after system restore is done & computer restarted then go into control panel to windows updates & change the settings ''

Solution