ASUS VN289H - Good or Bad?

RienNET

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone, I am wondering if the ASUS VN289H is a good or a bad monitor. This monitor is a "Ultra-Widescreen" monitor. The monitor is only 1080p, so, I am wondering, is the monitor the size of a 1440p monitor but with a 1080p resolution, making games, images, etc. look worse, and making them looking stretched, or does that not happen with this monitor?

Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236392

So, my question is, should I get this monitor, and what are the downsides to this monitor, and are there any better monitors for the same price point?

Solution
i'm currently using a 27 inch 1080p BenQ monitor. The pixel density that comes out of this size to resolution would be the bare minimum. I would propose to buy at least a 1440p monitor if you have good eyesight and planning to sit less than 3 feet (around a meter) away from the monitor or else you are going to see the individual pixels if you look closely.
EDIT: I would not consider this monitor to be "ultra wide", as it is only a 16:9. Also i can't seem to find if the panel is an IPS or not. At this current day and age i believe an IPS or equivalent technology panel is a necessity.
EDIT 2: I'm currently an older version of this panel. BenQ 27"

Golfis

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
i'm currently using a 27 inch 1080p BenQ monitor. The pixel density that comes out of this size to resolution would be the bare minimum. I would propose to buy at least a 1440p monitor if you have good eyesight and planning to sit less than 3 feet (around a meter) away from the monitor or else you are going to see the individual pixels if you look closely.
EDIT: I would not consider this monitor to be "ultra wide", as it is only a 16:9. Also i can't seem to find if the panel is an IPS or not. At this current day and age i believe an IPS or equivalent technology panel is a necessity.
EDIT 2: I'm currently an older version of this panel. BenQ 27"

Solution