Looking for a gaming mouse, fingertipish grip, short fingers, wide hands

thedoublej

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
My grip is all fingertip, but the portion of my palm just below the thumb does rest on the mouse body. My internet mouse is a Logitech M705, and works with my grip and hand size very well, although my pinky has no involvement. My gaming mouse is a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. It's way too long for my stupid short fingers, and a bit too tall as well. I dropped it a while back, and it's developing problems, so I figure it's time to move on. It's only got 3 additional buttons, one of which is unreachable, so I'm fine with that number of buttons. Re-mapping them is a must, as well as the click under the scroll button. A solid scroll button is also a must, I play some BF4 and use it to switch weapons.

The G502 I tried out today, crappy scroll button, too big (the mouse, the button's size is great).
The G602 seems too busy, lots of buttons, pretty big.
The Xornet II seems like a possibility.
The M65 seemed promising, but they say it's for clawers and palmers, plus neither of two Best Buys I went to would open one and let me hold it, just kept telling me how great it was.
M95?
G402 also looks promising
RAT 5 ?
Kone Pure?
G303, nope, weird shape.

That's all I've got. I play Diablo, Battlefield, and Fallout, so normal buttons plus a couple at the thumb is really all I need, plus a good fit to my dumb hands.

We don't have a Fry's or anything here, just a Microcenter, so I'm gonna head down there Friday and see if they have any mice to mess around with on display.

Thanks all.

There is no specific way you should use a mouse. The M65 would be my recommendation based on your style (as its fairly shorter (Palm to fingers) than most "gaming" products).
However, the thing about peripherals is nobody can tell anyone else what they will like.
Anyone who brings up grip when talking about mice should just be ignored.
What I can tell you is it is a smaller mouse (But wide), high quality construction (Aluminum body, replaceable weights, smooth plastic), and comfortable.

thedoublej

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Thanks for weighing in, Gamer. I swung by microcenter today, they've got 1000000 mice, but none out to play with. The pretty girl working there opened a few for me, none fit, and then we stumbled across a Roccat Savu on clearance, so I grabbed it for about 40 bucks. Just now gave it a try on D3. Length is near perfect, height is near perfect, one thumb button is near perfect, the other is knuckle-able, scroll wheel and click seem good, but I don't use them much in D3, so we'll see how BF4 goes. Only issue I've got is that it's narrow. Even removing my pinky from the equation, it's still a bit skinny for my dumb wide hand. It's definitely better than the X8 for fit, and the 1600 dpi setting is working well vs the 1000 on the X8. Both top out at 4000, which is way too fast for me. I think 2000 would be about right. Gonna give this one a shot, but I think I still need to put hands on that M65, it could be the ticket. Also tried out a couple RATs, but they only had the basic ones and the 200 dollar ones in stock. They were fairly short and wide also, seems maybe the 3 might be close to what I'm after as well.

TRENDING THREADS