Looking to upgrade my Monitor... Can I get a 1080P Monitor for £130-150 or $190-215?

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Right now Im using the W1943ST LG Monitor. This thing is stone aged and blows. This is the Monitor I got with my first ever PC, And I think it's well past time I upgrade.

Only, I still need to buy a new Desk + Chair, and I think I can only spare around £130-150. Would this be enough to get something to satisfy my needs? Would like to get the best Gaming 1080P monitor I could get for that price to make my games look pretty :p Probably wont be used for anything else but gaming, apart from a bit of Twitch or Youtube now and then.

Would also be open to keeping my eye out to look for something second hand if needed.

Would appreciate any help and suggestions, Thank you!

PC Specs (Incase needed) -
MSI R9 280X
Intel i5 4670K Haswell
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3

Solution
Seeing as a 280x isn't going to push much past 60fps go with a 60htz ah-ips panel.

AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS Monitor (Display port, 2 x HDMI, VGA, MHL, Speakers, Vesa) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BDBWE0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_em_awd_.4qgxbJ3133VV

For £120 its incredibly value , the response time is good for an IPS 10-12ms & its the same panel used in the Asus vx/MX screens.

Spend the £30 saved on a really comfy chair.

If you want to see one in the flesh they have them up & running on display in Curry's/pcworld if there's one near you.
They're the same price in store.

DasHotShot

Honorable
It's a good budget for a 24inch screen buddy.

Do you play FPS a lot? or more strategy, moba etc.?

I ask because you might even be able to get 120Hz for near that price which makes a ton of difference in FPS games. Otherwise I would point to this

http://www.morecomputers.com/product.aspx?pn=VX2757-MHD&man=Viewsonic&referer=PCPart

It has Freesync which matches your GPU output to the refresh rate (SUPER Smoooooth)

or this favourite among 1080p gamers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VX238H-LED-monitor-23/dp/B0097I10K0?ie=UTF8&tag=pcp0f-21

maxhaslach

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

easily, this is a question for google/amazon not here

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

90% of all the answers to the questions ever asked here could be found on Google/Amazon.

maxhaslach

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

not really, some problems have specific problems and specific solutions, this is 100% not a forum question.

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

I do mostly play FPS Games, Mostly Arma 2 / 3. But also a lot of Battlefield, Battlefront and CS Especially. I would say 80% of the games I play are FPS based.

Out of the 2 monitors you suggested, Which would you suggest most? Or could I get a better one for my needs now I've mentioned I like FPS? I really like the looks of the ASUS One, But Im a sucker for looks haha.

As usual, Thanks for the help and responding to my question. Also apologies for the late reply.

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

My apologies if this seems like a stupid question to ask here, Just, before I spend £150 I like to be sure I'm making the right purchase, Seeing as though if I make some type of stupid mistake then theres no going back. I'm not too great with tech (At all!) And I usually come here to get advice from people who know what they're talking about. It's nice to get some assurance before purchasing something you know little to nothing about.

Seeing as a 280x isn't going to push much past 60fps go with a 60htz ah-ips panel.

AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS Monitor (Display port, 2 x HDMI, VGA, MHL, Speakers, Vesa) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BDBWE0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_em_awd_.4qgxbJ3133VV

For £120 its incredibly value , the response time is good for an IPS 10-12ms & its the same panel used in the Asus vx/MX screens.

Spend the £30 saved on a really comfy chair.

If you want to see one in the flesh they have them up & running on display in Curry's/pcworld if there's one near you.
They're the same price in store.

Solution