Tech Support, System Administrator Career Questions

csongi12xme

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello, I am a 21 years old high school graduate with 2 years experience as a waiter, romanian nationality with hungarian ID and passport.
I'd like to build a career in IT in UK, so far I have a diploma as Computer Operator (basic computing and Microsoft Office), experience repairing computers, setting up and troubleshooting routers.

I am planning to get certificates in the following order:
A+ > MSCA Server 2008,2012, VMWare Network
 N+ > Cisco Switching & Routing > Later on:RHCA (if needed) > S+
MSCE,RHCE,CCNE,CAr etc.....

1. Should I modify the order of certificates?
2. What is the REAL (job requirements are exaggerated to limit applications as I understand) requirements for an entry help desk job?
3. In which city is bigger requirement for support technicians?
4. Is college required for System/Network Administrator position or experience as Tech Support and certificates suffice?
5. If not, a degree in Automation is accepted in UK by recruiters ( has less programming and more networking than Computer Science, of course validated trough NARC) or an Open Online University degree is recognised?
5.  Do I need a Cambridge language certificate to attest my level of english communication?
6.What are the differences between Help Desk Support Tehnician/Engineer, Service Desk Support, and are there any more classifications? Which one are entry level, which is a steping stone to Sys Admin?
7. Working in an IT Service can be a steping stone to Sys Admin?

Any other advices are welcome.
Thank you for your time.

Solution
there is nothing like a million certificates but you will prove your worth on the job. There is nothing like on the job experience. I have been working ast a network operations center technician for sometime now and I have learned more than I ever learned with my bachelors degree.

1. would throw away the A+ because the work is not worth the results If you are going into networking I would suggest a cisco or juniper cert. I would add maybe a python or sometime of programming cert

2Most help desks (at least in america) will hire you with only an associates degree, then they will train your and build you up to be more successful. Just prove your intelligence in the interview and having a good resume is always a plus
3 In america, you...

imperialxgx

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
there is nothing like a million certificates but you will prove your worth on the job. There is nothing like on the job experience. I have been working ast a network operations center technician for sometime now and I have learned more than I ever learned with my bachelors degree.

1. would throw away the A+ because the work is not worth the results If you are going into networking I would suggest a cisco or juniper cert. I would add maybe a python or sometime of programming cert

2Most help desks (at least in america) will hire you with only an associates degree, then they will train your and build you up to be more successful. Just prove your intelligence in the interview and having a good resume is always a plus
3 In america, you need at least a bachelors to become an admin plus a few years of experience
4 I went to colorado global campus and get a call from a recruiter every week. You will recieve x10 times more calls if you get your cisco cert
5 (I dont know the answer to the cambridge question sorry!)
6 As a technician you handle basic networking issues, mitigating DDOS attacks, swapping hardware and running cables as well as customer support
7 As an engineer you look for ways to improve the network as well as handle more intricate networking issues.
8YES any helpdesk position that challenges you is a huge stepping stone, with a years experience and certs under you belt you will be successfull!

Solution