Windows Driver issues

lppv

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
After installing a new mouse drivers my refacing Ethernet port stopped working
and displayed this http://
ive tried updating drivers from the website my mobos from but nothing will happen
Mobo- AMD msi 990FXA

lppv

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

did all that same result

lppv

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

killer network lan adapters

different Ethernet wire didn't work

the router port in question is the one on the back of the mobo

no errors

Ralston18

Titan
Just for confirmation purposes - is this your motherboard?:

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/990FXA-GAMING.html#hero-overview

Do you get any errors or other messages when you run the Troubleshooter via the Network and Sharing Center?

In Device Manager when you select the Killer Network LAN adapter and right click properties can you see and open all of the tabs?

Can you roll back to an earlier driver? Will it go out and find an updated driver?

lppv

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Update did a full reset of computer and no result

Ralston18

Titan
Do you mean reinstall? I.e., the OS and all of the appropriate drivers?

In any case the objective is to determine if the problem can be narrowed down to hardware or software.

My next suggestion would have been to uninstall the new mouse drivers and see if the generic mouse drivers work with the mouse. And then again test the ethernet port.

And I have seen a few postings regarding problems with the Killer LAN cards....

Plus Windows 10 has made some changes that has affected connectivity to various devices. A family member's One-Touch blood test meter stopped communicating with the computer. Reason turned out to be that Windows 10 no longer supported the proprietary USB to meter cable. The cable needs to be replaced accordingly. Vendor is sending the replacement cable....

Sort of out of ideas at this point. If Device Manager is still reporting the "Code 28" then a software problem related to Killer drivers is most likely. Or some resource conflict (perhaps via the new mouse drivers) that is somehow interferring.

Uninstall the new mouse. Try an external USB to ethernet adapter if you can purchase or borrow one.

lppv

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

I reinstalled the os and the drivers
And the mouse drivers
I have a usb to ether net adapter but it disconnects every 10 minutes so I was trying to get the port fixed