ASUS P8Z77-V LK Windows 10 Upgrade

Moonshaft

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
Heya! As you can see from the title of my post I'm currently using a ASUS P8Z77-V LK as my motherboard and I'm not really sure if it can handle Windows 10. I've been putting off the upgrade because I wanted to wait until more games went mainstream for DX12, however the "free" part of the upgrade is going away this July so I'm tempted to go ahead and get the upgrade over with. I was looking at the driver section for my motherboard and I noticed that there haven't really been a lot of Windows 10 driver upgrades for it, along with no BIOS update either. Has anyone else with this board (or one very similar to it) upgraded to Windows 10 favorably? Any compatibility issues? I know that the "windows 10 compatibility tool" will "assess" your system, but that's not always helpful. I've done a little bit of research but I can't find anything specific about my board, only the LX. I even found some Win10 drivers for the LX on a third party site that's been tested but nothing for the LK...xD;

Second question. I'm using a GTX 760 and I've heard that there are still issues with nVidia and Windows 10 playing along with dual screens and you have to be picky about your drivers. Is that an issue still?

Hi,

Windows 10 has been a pain for some users lately but not for all I would say. :) With Windows 10 you won't need much driver installation because most of the drivers are pre-installed already. And yes some had problems with Nvidia GPU's but again with the latest drives from Nvidia those issues should have been solve already.

Always use the latest GPU driver from Nvidia to avoid those issues in the future and make sure that you do updates with Windows 10. :)

Nvidia GPU driver download site:
nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

And your motherboard driver download site:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/HelpDesk_Download/