Next Gen Gaming

JacLuc12

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
I am building my second PC. This time I want to go all out but stay under $2,000. I'm building this because I am giving up on console gaming. I want this build to last a long time before I have to upgrade. Here is my parts list:

Intel Core i7-6700k
Noctura NH-D15 or NZXT Kraken x61
Asus B150 Pro Gaming/aura ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000
Kingston SSD 120GB and WD Black 1TB 3.5''
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
NZXT H440 (Black/red) ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA SuperNova NEX 750w 80+ Gold power supply

I couldn't decide if the 750w was enough power. Should I get a 850w instead. Also on the CPU fan I'm nervous about putting a water cooled fan over a $600+ graphics card. I'm afraid it will leak. Thats why I chose the Noctura Fan even though it doesn't match. I thought about spray painting it another color.

Let me know what you think. Opinions welcome.

1. If you're afraid of watercooling, the noctua is nearly as good, don't worry. It's extremely unlikely it would leak though.

2. You're getting an unlocked processor you can OC with, but you also need a z170 motherboard to OC. If you don't want to OC, just get a regular i7-6700, and you don't need to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler either because it's only the Ks that don't come with a cooler.

3. Kingston makes some kinda crappy low cost SSDs, look to Crucial for a more affordable one.

4. Your system only needs about 500Ws in a powersupply. A 600W would be fine for a single GPU system.

5. The SuperNova Nex isn't as good as it should be. There are others from the Supernova series that are higher quality. Here's the next best quality cheapest PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm

JacLuc12

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Eventually I would like to OC. What Motherboard would you recommend?