Unable to shutdown PC, memory usage error, page fault in nonpaged area

Matareee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Hi!

Originally I had first encountered "Page fault in nonpaged area" while shutting down through Windows 10. I've assumed the problem has been my additional 4TB hard drive that has since been filled with only gameplay videos. I followed some forums and googles advice, but never solved the problem so I proceeded to ignore it for a few months.

Just recently I was unable to play the Division or Company of Heroes without crashing for no reason or crashing because of 'Windows memory low errors'. I'm unable to multitask video editing like I could previously without the same error from windows about memory usage.

My startup usage is minimal, background applications are only Flux and MBAM without starting any applications like itunes, steam, etc. I've run several full system scans which return negative, and I've made efforts to free up space on both my SSD and main HDD.

I disconnected my 4TB HDD hoping it would allow me to at least play the Division without crashing, but that didn't work, and it stopped the "Page fault nonpaged area" shutdown/restart message, but now my PC will just stutter and crash restart during shutdown.

My rig:
i5 4670k @3.4
8GB RAM
GTX 760
Windows 10

As I understand it, I need to allocate virtual memory for my system, but I'm not sure entirely how this works with my setup.

Ds7tuCA.png

Ktv3F9z.png

Some guidance and explanation would be much appreciated!

Colif

Win 11 Master
download and run this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it looks at error logs and prints them in an easier to read format
might tell us cause of error

Paste results in here
Also might want to upload dump files so others can look at them for you

Not having a page file could explain those errors. I don't think its a smart idea to not have a page file in win 10. Yes, you have 8gb of ram but if you play a game that uses a lot of ram, your pc will run out of resources real fast. It won't use the page file very often in normal situations, so you won't be slowed by it at all. Its just there as backup.

Windows 10 treats ram differently to previous versions.It is more likely to compress old programs into ram than use the page file. As such, when you open something you closed today, its more likely to be still in ram and not need to be reopened. But if you take away the page file, you remove win 10's chance to get more space or to swap out the closed programs so that you can use that ram. With no page file you are limiting your own resources

Matareee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

The solution more or less would be to get rid of all that unedited footage? Each file is in the 5-15GB range.

OsP3dqB.png

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042216-10203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14F4D0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8016864E003, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
looks like a fun January you had there.

The last one refers to this file: http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/usbcharger.sys-111654/
Do you have a Gigabyte motherboard with ON/OFF charge on it? Might want to find new drivers.

just try letting windows 10 have a page file on c drive and all your problems may go away.

post logs and someone will give a fuller report of problem to you.

Matareee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Lol :D

I do, and I removed it long ago, no more BIOS updates either. What drivers should I find, and what about the ntoskrnl.exe error?

Colif

Win 11 Master
ntoskrnl is part of windows, your pc wouldn't work without it. Its the brain that keeps everything running so it gets lots of bad requests and creates errors that are blamed on it and not the drivers responsible.

seems something of the function still remains in windows or you wouldn't have got that error yesterday.

upload logs somewhere so they can be looked at. we can't do much with just error names.

Matareee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Ah ok well thanks for you help! How and where do I post these logs?