this file has properties that cannot be copied to the new location please help

Yusuf Il

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
I downloaded all my motherboard drivers my gpu driver and an antivirus program to my ssd
now I want to copy them to my usb because I want to clean install windows 10

but when I copy the gpu driver and anityvirus program I get this error

this file has properties that cannot be copied to the new location please help

my usb formatted as fat32

Solution
its the file format of the USB. IT needs to be NTFS

If you right-click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and select Properties, you'll see on the Details tab some of the properties that wouldn't make it if the file were copied to a non-NTFS drive. They are written to an Alternate Data Stream (ADS), and FAT-formatted drives don't understand ADS.
It depends on the type of file how important those properties are. If you have spent a lot of time adding Titles and Comments and Authors and Authors' e-mail addresses to your Word documents' docprops, for example, that work would be lost.
If you can live with the loss of those properties, go ahead - standard properties will be re-written to the file when you restore it from backup...

Yusuf Il

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014

I'm trying to copy the amd driver I download on my ssd to my usb then I get that error .

Colif

Win 11 Master
its the file format of the USB. IT needs to be NTFS

If you right-click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and select Properties, you'll see on the Details tab some of the properties that wouldn't make it if the file were copied to a non-NTFS drive. They are written to an Alternate Data Stream (ADS), and FAT-formatted drives don't understand ADS.
It depends on the type of file how important those properties are. If you have spent a lot of time adding Titles and Comments and Authors and Authors' e-mail addresses to your Word documents' docprops, for example, that work would be lost.
If you can live with the loss of those properties, go ahead - standard properties will be re-written to the file when you restore it from backup. This will of course involve time and resources.
To avoid the problem, format your external drive to use NTFS.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/in-windows-7-when-trying-to-copy-files-to-an/2b1ef1da-6c93-48d4-b7e7-b3c9e86141bd?auth=1

Solution