NTFS FILE SYSTEM Then unable to load Windows?

PlasmaShadow

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
So a week ago I tried to boot my windows and it showed me a BSOD: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. Once it restarted it went on the blue windows logo, spinning white dots (windows loading) and underneath that it said fixing hard disk errors, this may take over an hour. After that I was met with the repair screen. I pressed continue to windows and I'm met with a blank blue screen with spinning white dots on it, as if it was updating but it wasn't. My PC automatically restarted and there was no bsod and no automatic repair screen. Just the blank 'updating' screen. I pulled the plug while it was on that screen then restarted and it went to automatic repair. I reinstalled windows, and the problem was fixed until now. When I booted my PC it went straight to the loading automatic repair. I don't really want to waste time reinstalling windows, knowing the problem will come back.

Any solutions??

Solution
Your hard disk is failing, back up anything on it that you may need and buy another one to replace it. If you want to go with a mechanical hard disk (HDD) then I would recommend the Western Digital Black series, but if you want quick response times and high read/write speeds then I would suggest going with a SSD like the Samsung SSD 850 Evo series.
Your hard disk is failing, back up anything on it that you may need and buy another one to replace it. If you want to go with a mechanical hard disk (HDD) then I would recommend the Western Digital Black series, but if you want quick response times and high read/write speeds then I would suggest going with a SSD like the Samsung SSD 850 Evo series.

Solution

PlasmaShadow

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna be building a new computer in a few weeks anyway so it doesn't really matter. I'll be going with an HDD and a smaller SSD for games etc.