Windows 10 won't load after installing my old graphics card.

Anthony88

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hi guys so I just recently purchased a evga gtx 960 and had to return it. Everything was running fine until I install my old graphics card (evga gtx 750ti) and now I get to the windows loading screen but can't sign in as Windows 10 just keeps showing me a spinning loading screen. I can boot windows 10 into safe mode just fine. I installed the drivers for the gtx 750ti and I still continue to have this problem loading windows normally. Mobo has the newest bios update.

My system:
Windows 10
Msi 970 gaming mobo
AMD fx 8310 (overclocked to 4.5 mhz)
Kingston hyper fury x 1866 (32 gb)
Evga gtx 750ti
1tb seagate hard drive

Solution
could be a csm legacy support issue or uefi

some 750 cards only had legacy firmware ect .

ya know if you were doing a full uefi boot or legacy ?

in order to do full uefi boot the vid cards ect has to support efi if not ya got to turn on csm legacy support in bios

that can stop a system from starting or being stuck at windows loading screen

I had thet problem when I did a uefi install of windows 7 it supports uefi installs if its a windows 7 sp2 intall disk . but windows 7 still doesn't support ful uefi boot it would lock up or just keep trying to load windows . till I turn it back to lecagy boot.
If it's loading ok in safe mode, first remove all existing graphics drivers by booting into Safe Mode with Networking, and download Display Driver Uninstaller. Remove your existing graphics driver completely, and have the machine restart when this is complete (DDU will prompt you to restart when it is done cleaning up the driver). This time let it boot normally and see if it loads. If not, get back into Safe Mode and try disabling the sound and network drivers as well. Restart again and try booting normally once more.

If it works, re-enable each of the drivers you turned off, doing one at a time and rebooting in between each one to narrow down which one is causing the problem.

Anthony88

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
OK I tried this just few mins ago and still running into the same problem at normal startup. The first time I tried booting it gave me the blue screen saying bad boot configuration.

Anthony88

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
This is the screen I get when I try to boot now.

2en83eb.png

Anthony88

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I can still load windows in safe mode, I just have to restart the computer 3 or 4 times then will get the windows repair screen at boot. Then will have to go thru Advance settings, start up setting then do safe mode that way.

pault5668

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Try boot into safe mode, use DDU to completely uninstall the gpu drivers,reboot then run ccleaner with advanced section" enviroment path " checked, reboot and update , gd luck

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
could be a csm legacy support issue or uefi

some 750 cards only had legacy firmware ect .

ya know if you were doing a full uefi boot or legacy ?

in order to do full uefi boot the vid cards ect has to support efi if not ya got to turn on csm legacy support in bios

that can stop a system from starting or being stuck at windows loading screen

I had thet problem when I did a uefi install of windows 7 it supports uefi installs if its a windows 7 sp2 intall disk . but windows 7 still doesn't support ful uefi boot it would lock up or just keep trying to load windows . till I turn it back to lecagy boot.

Solution