3 Monitors 1 PC???

Davidss99

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
How can I connect a single PC to 3 monitors. The thing is, I would want to game on the monitor in the middle and have other stuff open in the other monitors so I don't need to tab out of the game every time I need to do something. I don't really know how to set it up or what to do in order to achieve this.

These are the 2 monitors I am about to get: Asus VG248QE 24-inch Full HD Ergonomic Back-lit LED Gaming Monitor

This is the one I currently have which is connected via Display Port: Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

This is my motherboard: Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 Motherboard, Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors,8 x DIMM, Quad Channel Memory Architecture

Solution
Connect monitors to graphics card not motherboard.
You said, dell monitor is connected to display port.
There are 2 dual link DVI ports left on your graphics card. Use those to connect both Asus monitors.
Just make sure you use dual link DVI cable. Otherwise 144hz mode will not work.
GJJ88wObkCNjmcB0_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png
And what is your graphics card brand/model?
Anyway - those Asus monitors have every possible connectivity option.
So there is no need for adapters to connect them.
Since new monitors are of 144hz type, you will want to connect them with dual link DVI or DP cable.
HDMI will not support 144hz operation.

Davidss99

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015

My graphics card is an asus strix 970. I don't understand how I connect 3 monitors to 1 PC tho, I mean I don't know if my motherboard has 3 DVI or DP ports.

Connect monitors to graphics card not motherboard.
You said, dell monitor is connected to display port.
There are 2 dual link DVI ports left on your graphics card. Use those to connect both Asus monitors.
Just make sure you use dual link DVI cable. Otherwise 144hz mode will not work.
GJJ88wObkCNjmcB0_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

Solution

Davidss99

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015

Do you know any good DVI cables?