USB Ports Don't Work (Is it ASUS AI Charger or Win10?)

timandvic

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hi,

I have an ASUS M51AD and I have just recently lost all my USB ports. As I don't have a password for Windows Login, my PC when booted can login to Windows fine, however I cannot use any of the USB ports for my mouse or keyboard..?

My USB ports work ok in bios, just not when im Windows? My bluetooth also isn't working? The dilemma is, is my motherboard doesn't have a PC/2 port and I have no idea how to use my PC anymore? I called ASUS and they want me to send them my PC where they will do diagnostics on it but I am not too keen on this idea.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago and have been running with it fine. I have read a little about the ASUS AiCharger and Windows 10 not working well together and I have noticed that when logged in, the AiCharger is on but obviously without a mouse or keyboard, I cannot turn it off!!!!

Someone please help, I am loosing my mind!

Hi,

There's very little you can do about that concern but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug the PC off the wall outlet then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then plug it back in and see if the USB ports will work or not.
- If it will still not work, do also try using a different USB port at the back or infront of the PC.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.
- If the PC came with a System Recovery disc use it to reinstall Windows.
- You can order a new set of Factory Reset disc from ASUS if it didn't come with one.
- But if all these will not work I would suggest contacting ASUS again for a repair.