Is it worth buying a Monitor with a dead Pixel?

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
So I'm looking for a new monitor and decided, for my budget it'd be better to buy second hand. I've come across a "Acer Predator GN246HLBbid", But the seller claims it has a deal pixel in the corner of the screen.

He claims that this does not effect the screen / gameplay at all, I've never dealt with deal pixels, Hell i didnt even know it even existed until this week. Can a Monitor with a deal Pixel worsen? Is it still worth buying?

Thanks!

A dead pixel itself is nothing to worry about but it can be annoying if you start noticing it. Also be warned a dead pixel can actually spread (by this I mean the panel might be damaged and get more in the future) I have had this happen a couple off times on cheap monitors. It really is up to you. Also could you tell me your budget for a monitor maybe I could find a good new one for the budget.

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

My budget is only in between £100-150 which isn't that much considering some of the Monitor prices, Hence why I thought it'd be a good idea to maybe pick one up second hand.

These are a couple of suggestions I was given already

ASUS VX238H - LED monitor - 23" for £135 and an AOC I2369VM for £120 Which I didn't really like. I mean, I'd settle for a 60 Hz Monitor, But before the years out I plan to upgrade my GPU, Thus I'd prefer something a bit better.

Edit : Forgot to write that I don't believe a small dot on the screen would bother me that much, Obviously be a problem if over time it spread. That is my main concern, Haha.

1) That same Acer is $120 brand new:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003

*Note it's an IPS panel.
I prefer IPS if 6ms or less (better color and viewing angles is worth any small ghost/blur). It's really inexpensive though for IPS which makes me concerned for quality control as Acer isn't always the best which is often reflected in the warranties.

(I got a DELL 1440p panel and it cost slightly more than the Acer but it had a 3-year, zero dead-pixel warranty. That's above your price range but i would recommend looking for THREE YEAR WARRANTIES if possible, though details will vary. No dead pixel guarantees is unlikely to happen with your budget.

2) Asus 23" IPS-> http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs239hp

Other:
- use pcpartpicker to filter
- look at comments from Newegg etc (Amazon comments are often mixed up between products even if looking at one model. Same goes for DVD movies and other products)

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

I'm confused, Which Monitor is this the same as? The one that I was thinking about purchasing is the Acer Predator GN246HLBbid, I don't believe they're the same, or even the specs are the same?

LittleRedPC

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

Great, Will give this a try if I do end up picking the Monitor up! Thanks!