Best place to build a website for a specific function?

unifenser

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
I am looking to build a website with a specific function. I want to create an online-based service for landscapers where they can track their customers payment, route, and when they got done, along with other features. I have looked at Wix and WordPress, would either of these work for what I would like to do? I'm open to learning code/language, HTML5? Thanks.

Solution
Chances are, unless there's someone selling this as a service (in which case the landscapers would probably just pay for it themselves), you're going to have to build this from scratch.

There are a ton of different routes you can go. Needless to say, you'll be learning HTML and at least one programming language. Resources abound for learning to program and build web applications, and I'm sure some other users will provide a host of useful links, but I'm not going to because I'd rather not bias your learning path in any particular direction.

It may be useful to look at how to break down your service into its component parts to see how they fit together and if you can provide only some portion of your whole initially, and if you aren't...

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Chances are, unless there's someone selling this as a service (in which case the landscapers would probably just pay for it themselves), you're going to have to build this from scratch.

There are a ton of different routes you can go. Needless to say, you'll be learning HTML and at least one programming language. Resources abound for learning to program and build web applications, and I'm sure some other users will provide a host of useful links, but I'm not going to because I'd rather not bias your learning path in any particular direction.

It may be useful to look at how to break down your service into its component parts to see how they fit together and if you can provide only some portion of your whole initially, and if you aren't already familiar with how landscapers operate, learn the business side of things so that you can tailor your product to their needs. Documenting your requirements will go a long way in keeping you from endlessly adding things to make your software better.

Solution