Windows 10 Issues as well as Hard Drive

Arsenal221

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
I have recently built a gaming desktop running Windows 10. Everything had been fine until recently, when I have experienced various issues with Windows apps as well as the performance of my hard drive.

Whenever I attempt to open up a Windows-installed app (weather, calendar, calculator, etc.), it will open for about 1/4 of a second and then disappear. I have researched the issue a bit, but the solutions from microsoft have not helped. The site told me to type in this code into the command prompt:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

However, when that happens, I receive an error message that says this:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

I am just confused about the entire situation. Another site suggested that I may have an issue with my hard drive. I have tried to clean it multiple times through chkdsk, but they have been unsuccessful (it would ask be to restart my PC, and when I did, I would get errors such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED).

Please help me with this issue, as I depend on this computer for schoolwork and other various things. Resetting Windows is an option that I am not willing to take.

Thank You!

Solution
those scripts you are running are for Windows 8. "Windows\WinStore" does not exist in Windows 10, it has been changed to "Program Files\Windows Apps".
Microsoft "support engineers" have been offering this false information to everyone with a Store issue since the original Tech Preview came out.

but it usually won't fix this issue anyway. you'll need to rerun Windows 10 install upgrade option from within the OS. this will not change your settings, programs, or anything else important but it will fix all OS shell & Store problems.

when you run the "upgrade" option make sure to choose KEEP MY FILES & SETTINGS.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (download and run from USB)
those scripts you are running are for Windows 8. "Windows\WinStore" does not exist in Windows 10, it has been changed to "Program Files\Windows Apps".
Microsoft "support engineers" have been offering this false information to everyone with a Store issue since the original Tech Preview came out.

but it usually won't fix this issue anyway. you'll need to rerun Windows 10 install upgrade option from within the OS. this will not change your settings, programs, or anything else important but it will fix all OS shell & Store problems.

when you run the "upgrade" option make sure to choose KEEP MY FILES & SETTINGS.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (download and run from USB)

Solution