imac 1 terabyte Hard Disk cannot be read in Windows

mensenjoseph

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Hello. I have an iMac but recently I got the white scree and blinking question mark folder. I read all the blogs related to it but my problem is they did not work at all. So we are convinve that the Hard disk maybe damage or the cable on the hard disk is damage. As i ran the Disk Utility in iMac but the 1 Terabyte Hard Disk did not appear on the left pane. So what we did was we remove the Hard Disk on the iMac to retrieve my files in there and slave it to one of our PC Windows, unfortunately it doesn't read the hard disk or just 3.9 GIG was only seen on the Hard drive. Can someone please help me on how I can retrieve all my files on the iMac Hard Disk that is slave on the Windows PC. Thanks and more power.

JustSomeJoe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Windows can't access an OS X disk, there may be (third-party) tools that can but they depend on what version of OS X, what version of Windows, and whether or not the drive was encrypted.

It's also worth noting: some iMac's were subject to a recall due to failure of 1TB drives, try contacting Apple (or search their web site) and see if your system was one of them.

TRENDING THREADS