Random BSOD, game's crash within 15 min of loading & repeated error of display drive has crashed but has recovered.

Cbronit

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
This is my first time making a thread or asking for help online, so if I've made or make any mistakes, please throw some constructive criticism at me. Thanks!
So I'm experiencing random BSOD, all my games are crashing, Steam & Origin games & after every game crash, I keep getting Display Driver has crashed but has recovered. I did install the latest driver for my GPU, but the problem got worse so I rolled back to the previous driver. I finished this PC build back in February, an its worked flawlessly up until I installed a new PNY 250 GB SSD on 4-23-16. The SSD is set at SCSI. Is that my problem?
System specs
AMD FX 8320
Asrock fatality 970 performance
Gskills 8gb 1600mhz
Gigabyte GTX 770 oc windforce 3x 4gb
Raidmax modular PSU Rx-700gh 80 gold
PNY 250 GB SSD main drive
Seagate hybrid 1tb HHD
7 140mm case fans
Cooler master V8 gts CPU cooler
Windows 10 home 64 bit

Lutfij

Titan
The SATA ports on your system other than being set to RAID should always be set to AHCI. While we're on the topic of SATA device's, did you reinstall your OS after you migrated from an HDD to an SSD? It's always good practice to reinstall your OS irrespective of platform versions or if you have a clone of your installation drive. Windows 10 is a lot more finicky thus it requires you to reinstall it once you add a new boot drive. On a similar note, did you migrate to Windows 10 via the free upgrade path or with the licence key? If the former then you'll need to downgrade to former OS, install old OS on SSD and then upgrade to new OS.

Other checklist items would include to make sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset) are up to date. You should also take the time to disable automatic device driver updates. While you follow this guide in reinstalling your GPU drivers.

Could you also state when the issue happens? Does it happen with all games/titles/workloads?

TRENDING THREADS