Black screen with new mobo and cpu

solut1on

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Hello!
First of all I just wanna apologize if my english is bad im Swedish and as all the others swedish forums are dead I cant really get any help there so this is basicly my last resort posting on an englsh forum.

But anyways my problem is that yesterday I got a new mobo the Asus B150 Pro gaming alongside with an i5-6600k and a new pair of DDR4 ram sticks and I plugged everything in and so on and the fans starts spinning but nothing else happens.... the screen is constant black and the on the motherboard the CPU_LED is red but after about a second or two the red led goes off and instead the DRAM_LED is constant red until I eventually turn off the computer...

So far Ive tried to only use one RAM stick and ive also cheked the heatsink on my CPU but everything looks fine... Ive also noticed that after my mobo and cpu change only ONE of my two GPU fans is spinning... but as ive also tried using the integretaded graphics on my motherboad so even if the GPU would be dead I would still see be able to use my computer fine right?

So could anyone please help me Im in desperate help and as I live in the middle of nowhere in sweden I dont have any technical support close to me nor do I know anyone that could possibly help me....

SliceT

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
Well, you have to try to figure out which part is faulty.
You did right in removing the VGA to try the integrated graphics, that would be the first step.

Try to remove everything that's not essential to the boot, HDD, SSD, VGA, Sound card etc.
Also try to check the power supply, if you attached all the cables to the motherboard.