"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" happening multiple times a day!

Daniel_203

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I keep getting disconnected from the internet on windows 10 and it says "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer". Then after a few minutes of troubleshooting it says it can repair it and it does (im on ethernet btw). But the issues keeps happening, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes every few hours, Ive tried resetting my router, restarting and its been happening for like a week know, seemingly after I updated to windows 10! Also my mums laptop also disconnects which is also windows 10 when mine does!

Solution
It sounds like your ethernet drivers for your system are not correct; which would make sense if you just updated to Windows 10. Go to the systems manufacture website and download the ethernet drivers for your version of Windows 10, then reboot afterwards. That should fix your issue.

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
It sounds like your ethernet drivers for your system are not correct; which would make sense if you just updated to Windows 10. Go to the systems manufacture website and download the ethernet drivers for your version of Windows 10, then reboot afterwards. That should fix your issue.

Solution