[HDMI] PC is detecting TV, but not vice versa (no signal on TV) SOLVED

KrsOne

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
I have a Nvidia 750 Geforce Ti connected with HDMI to my Samsung TV. At display settings I can see that I'm connected to the TV and multi-monitor is enabled. But the problem is my TV is not detecting my PC, the TV says 'searching for signal...'.

I have 2 HDMI ports on my PC, one built in and the other is my GPU. When I connect it to the built in port, the TV is detecting the connection although there is no picture. But once my TV detects a HDMI input, I can enter HDMI mode on TV (else its disabled). Now when I change the HDMI port to GPU while leaving HDMI on on TV, I get it working. I thought I figured it out, but once I restart my PC, the connection is gone. I have to do all these steps again to get it working.

Background info
I recently bought a new computer. On my old computer the connection was working fine. On both PC's I used the same GPU. The HDMI cable is 7,5 meters long, but cable is working fine on my other PC/laptop. I use Windows 10 with latest drivers for my GPU afaik.

Solution
I have solved it!

Apparently the HDMI cable was not connected firmly to my GPU. This was due a screw blocking the HDMI input. I didn't see it until I used a flashlight.

KrsOne

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
I have solved it!

Apparently the HDMI cable was not connected firmly to my GPU. This was due a screw blocking the HDMI input. I didn't see it until I used a flashlight.

Solution