Does creating partition - disk D wont affect windows 10?

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
So my mother got herself a new laptop, and laptop has 2tb hard drive inside, but there is only one disk - C, and i want to create a partition called disk D, leaving 400gb for that disk C and the rest for disk D, but does it affect windows, it wont be like - some of windows files are in that area where is disk D space and windows cant get them because its in different partition? i didnt tried creating partition in windows, i always was doing it on windows install when you select in which disk to install windows and you create a new partition...

Solution
It won't affect Windows. Go ahead and partition. If you use disk manager, you can do this fairly easily. Shrink the C volume to 400GB and then create the D (or E if the laptop DVD drive is assigned D) volume from the unallocated space.
It won't affect Windows. Go ahead and partition. If you use disk manager, you can do this fairly easily. Shrink the C volume to 400GB and then create the D (or E if the laptop DVD drive is assigned D) volume from the unallocated space.

Solution

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

And, asking to the same topic - can i change DVD drive letter from D to E?

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

it didn't let me to shrink c disk to 400gb only to 1tb, so disk c is 1tb and disk d is 1tb