Black screen crash, no video input, audio loop when playing some games

ISOFM

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Okay,

So this has been happening off and on for a while, but it's gotten pretty bad lately. I play a variety of games on steam and origin, often times while I'm watching/listening to youtube podcasts in the background. Sometimes in games my pc freezes, the screen goes black and shows a "no video input" error on the monitor, while either no sound, or a sound loops in the headphones.

This most recently happened today when I played Devil Daggers. I played this game listening to a podcast in the background successfully for around an hour, but then (after rage quitting and loading the game back up) it crashed around a minute in. The keyboard and mouse don't seem to do anything after this type of crash, and I am forced to reboot. [A similar crash also happens when playing Rocket League, and after some time the screen goes completely green and I have to reboot.] However, I've been playing a bit of Downwell, Dishonored, Paragon, and Chivalry: Medieval Warrior lately, with no issue.

On Idle, everything seems to be going okay, CPU temp around 30-33 degrees C, GPU temp around the same. I've updated/downgraded GPU drives with no results, so I really have no idea what's going on.

Specs:
Intel i5-4460
2x4Gb DDR3 ram
Powercolor R9 380
WD Blue 1Tb HDD
CX 600M PSU

Windows 10 64bit

ANY suggestions would be great, because this is getting infuriating.

ISOFM

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014

Direct x couldn't be reinstalled because it was already at dx12. I used the tool to remove the drivers so I could do a clean install, and this time around 2-3 minutes into Devil Daggers, the screen goes green and audio glitches then stops.

Faruk Aksamija

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Well mate you are not he only r9 380 user who is having the exacly same problems. I would suggest you to use DDU to clean GPU drivers and after install the Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta. Crimson is currently bugged on r9 380 becouse of some problem, card sometimes totaly downclock it sef so it makes the crash. Currently there is no fix for this, but i hope that AMD will realease a new fix soon for r9 380 users. Good Luck

ISOFM

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014

I used DDU and clean installed 15.11.1, but I still got the green screen crash from Rocket League...

ISOFM

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014

What doesn't make sense to me in all of this, is that a week or two ago I was at a LAN party with some of my friends, and had no issue playing Rocket League or any other game.

TRENDING THREADS