Might have made a mistake!

Zoli from BP

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hey guys, so I ordered this 4K television like three hours ago.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue43ju6000-smart-4k-ultra-hd-43-led-tv-10139069-pdt.html

My plan is to use it as a monitor and for the next couple months, 1080p gaming. I have a GTX 760 so 4K gaming is out of the question for a while. Did I make a mistake or I can use this for 1080p gaming without problems? I just realized it doesn't have an hdmi 2.0 port, among the specs it says 3 x hdmi port. I'm guessing that's standard hdmi, right? Did I make a mistake? Does this mean I'll only get 30 FPS even when I replaced my video card with something stronger? Will I even get 50-60 FPS playing on 1080p, or the lack of hdmi 2.0 means only 30 FPS even on 1080p?

Should I get this TV instead?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue48j5200-smart-48-led-tv-10138425-pdt.html

I think I could still delete this order and buy a Full HD television if that's a better option. Please help me out, I've been browsing the internet the last two hours but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. Thanks guys!

Solution
It would not look identical to a native 1080p display because of the scaling algorithm. Not all tvs have high input lag and is something to look into.
using 4k screen at 1080p is fine and would look identical to same sized screen which would be 1080P only.
And as you found out, Yes, I believe all 3 HDMI ports are 1.4 since it is not specified to be 2.0, limiting FPS to 30 maximum at 4k.
I believe at 1080P you can still get 60 with hdmi1.4 though.

Use of TV's as gaming screens is dubious at best though due to quite high input lag and latency though, based on that I would not consider getting such for gaming use.
for movies/videos, it could work provided you have blueray stuff at 4k resolution or.. you are simply paying for "nothing"

Just my opinion though.

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
That tv should be fine bare in mind you could have a slight mouse lag or input lag but it should not be bad rearly provided you have a strong high speed hdmi cable also all televisions can do 60hz these days so 60hz easily 60fps I didn't dig into the details too much but seems a decent buy 4k on pc games is not worth it at the moment :-/