[Wtb] GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I've got a solid 850W Corsair PSU and an old GTX 570 I'd like to SLI with a second 570. I'd like to be able to play Shadow of Mordor on "High" settings before I take the plunge on a big GPU upgrade.

Does anyone have an old GTX 570 laying around that they'd be interested in selling? Thanks.

Here's my heatware if it's helpful: https://www.heatware.com/u/76694

Solution

If that card is with less than 2 gigs of vram(i know they were 1,2 standard and dont know if they made customs with more) i don't think it's worth it to SLI it, as you will not be able to play modern games properly at 1080p.
SoM is one such memory hungry game.

It's 1.25GB. I'm on 1680x1050, which is about 90% of 1080p. That saves me on games where my settings have me at the limits of my graphics memory. I know it won't work for ultra settings on new games, but it will help with things like finishing Crysis 3 up on Ultra settings. Really, any settings that are limited by throughput rather than frame buffer should benefit--hopefully GeForce Experience is useful for that?

It's worth it at the right price point, especially if someone has one laying around.

Any plans for what you want to do with it? Is it just a backup for diagnostics? If so, I can send you a less capable backup so that you can have one handy. What price are you thinking?

I was expecting to hear from a more established forum member who might be willing to give stuff away cheaply to active members, but I'm interested, depending on how much you want for it. Do you have heatware?

You will struggle nonetheless.
Look, 2 570's in SLI should be about as powerful as a 680 under ideal scaling. I would look for that too. Maybe you'll strike a bargain and pay like 10-20 more for that than a 570. It would be better value.

Solution
Thanks for talking sense into me. I know you're right.

I mean, they're more like a GTX 780 for good scaling and ideal has a higher ceiling than that, but it doesn't change much either way. I'll hold it down with my GTX 570 until I get through a few more games in my Steam Queue, then pick up a GTX 970 when they go on clearance after Pascal drops.

Thumbs up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.