windows 10 unable to see stuff on computer?

Jul 24, 2011
hi everybody,

it doesn't make any sense, i can't even see files on my own computer.
just got windows 10.
never had this kind of problem before.

does anyone happen to know "how" to solve this?
how do you see files on your "own" computer?

Solution
i'm at a loss here and don't where to go from here. if a fresh install does not fix it then i have no clue what's going on as i have never seen such a thing as this even when virus's and malware are taken into account.

i'd give it a fresh windows install one more time using a windows dvd and not what came out of the box. this will eliminate something going wrong with the factory installed stuff. you can get a cpy of win 10 to burn to dvd or usb drive form MS easily enough. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you can run the tool and "upgrade this pc now" and tell it to not save anything or you can create a disk and install it that way being sure to format the drive at install.

if that don't work then i...

Colif

Win 11 Master
What do you mean See? Click on This PC on desktop, cant you see any folders?

its possibly a permissions thing, you can open file exploder up and right click on folders and select take ownership: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-ownership-and-get-full-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/

don't do this to root directory of c though, just the folders you want to access.

Its also possible that if you create a homegroup it will resolve this problem, I had a problem last year when i first swapped to win 10 where onedrive had more access to my pc than I did

that or stop flying at Warp 9 so that light can catch up to you and your pc can work :)

Jul 24, 2011
hi colif, nice to meet you.
thanks for replying back, i really appreciate it:ange:

colif
"What do you mean See?"

i see that i can sometimes add shortcuts and text files on my computer.

the problem is that when i install some programs on my computer, they don't show up, and are completely invisible to me. yet the computer acts like the program is already installed. but when i search for it, it does not appear in the programs list or the list of apps under the window start menu box. however, i know that the program is there because when i tried to install it again, the folder appeared with a "browse", where the new folder/program appears under the "browse" of a "install program find location to place folder in location", but not when searched for it normally in the program file list or elsewhere, AS IF THE FOLDER DOES NOT EVEN EXIST.

I cannot see this folder at any other time, nor run the program. it does not make sense. i have not signed in to cloud or OneDrive, but i heard that it AUTOMATICALLY puts all of your files on the cloud without your consent or knowing. and now i can't even find/access the folder to even "properties" and "ownership" of the folder!!!...

isn't that amazing?

colif
"Click on This PC on desktop"

in "this pc" on the windows explorer, you look under program files and it is not located there: it is "invisible" and does not exist. which means that if i can't "see" the folder, i cannot change the permissions of ownership!

it sounds like technology is traveling at light speed so that the corporations are able to absorb all your files and so that you can't even see files on your own computer, nor to even access then as if they didn't exist. and if you are only traveling at warp 9 but technology is traveling at light speed, you'll never be able to catch up to your own programs.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this makes little sense to m at all. if you can see the folder while browsing during installing the program, then you should easily be able to view the same folders through windows explorer (the thing that opens when you click This PC).

i've never seen files for a program install themselves as hidden but you can try to turn on this option to see if that helps. it's in the folder options, check the box for "show hidden files, folders, drives" under the view tab.

Jul 24, 2011
hi math geek, any new equations lately?:wahoo:

i am already "show hidden files". good idea though.

if no one else knows the answer, i will go on to the next layer of intrigue in this 5 layered system, of the many other layers not known or to be seen, as "invisible" and to not exist, even though they exist and are VERY REAL, and can affect the entire system, or the ability to access it.

1. i put a .pdf file on my computer. next thing i know, it disappeared, to be absorbed like some kind of cosmic vacuum, to have been taken away and disappearing into the ether of nothingness, at least for me to be able to access it or see it. so that the [strike]corporations[/strike] and anyone else they want to have access to and see all of my info except for me.

i can't even access files on my own computer, with 0% access, but the corporations have 100% of my info and can access it. the folder location where i put the file is where i looked, but i also looked elsewhere, in every possible location, and it was nowhere to be found. if Constitutional Rights have not been broken, then how can i be able to use files on "my own computer".

prevent Absolute Power.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there is something seriously messed up with your win 10 install. i'd suggest a fresh install at this point and hope it takes care of itself. format the drive and remove everything you can so it is as clean an install as possible. during the install remove all partitions from the drive and start fresh to get the boot files and everything else gone. this is a new problem i have yet to see anywhere else so i am not sure what the issue is, thus not sure how to fix it.

contrary to popular belief, MS does not take 100% of your info into the cloud. it is more like only 95% :)

Jul 24, 2011
math geek, hi there!

95%. yes, i can see text files, your right. this is a factory fresh install so there "should" be no problems.

problem #1: installed a program. now it is not there. it is "invisible".
problem #2: i put a .pdf on my computer. now it is not there. it is "invisible".

SUMMARY
i cannot see or access files on my own computer (other than text files, and 2 other programs).

you think factory installs are a problem? or is it some other "hidden" problem that people don't know about?

i appreciate your advice.

God is always with those of hope and faith.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'm at a loss here and don't where to go from here. if a fresh install does not fix it then i have no clue what's going on as i have never seen such a thing as this even when virus's and malware are taken into account.

i'd give it a fresh windows install one more time using a windows dvd and not what came out of the box. this will eliminate something going wrong with the factory installed stuff. you can get a cpy of win 10 to burn to dvd or usb drive form MS easily enough. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you can run the tool and "upgrade this pc now" and tell it to not save anything or you can create a disk and install it that way being sure to format the drive at install.

if that don't work then i really don't know what else to do other than a new hdd in case it has some errors causing this bizarre problem.

Solution
Jul 24, 2011
math geek, nice to hear from you!

with all of your expertise, have you ever heard of any problems with a factory fresh install?

here is the next problem. maybe you have some ideas?

problem #3: i put a .jpg on my computer. now it is not there. it is "invisible".

problem #1: installed a program. now it is not there. it is "invisible".
problem #2: i put a .pdf on my computer. now it is not there. it is "invisible".

a .pdf and .jpg are harmless, so i don't understand why Absolute Power would block this so that i can't even see or access the files on my own computer.

i have not installed the OneDrive, yet somehow the computer has corporation the govern of my files onto the cloud even without my consent. if i did not govern these things, but it has been governed by me, then i do not have any Constitutional Rights, nor a True Democracy where the people can vote on all of the issues, otherwise Absolute Power has governed these things for me.