MSI B85-G41: Startup/Shutdown Fine, But reboot does not work

Wursti

Commendable
May 1, 2016
Hi guys,
I've been checking out tom's hardware for quite a while now, just never created an account to post. But I have a somewhat peculiar problem, which is not grave, but slightly annoying, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Thats why I've come to ask for ideas ;)

So: My PC cannot reboot. It can boot, shutdown, and boot again just fine. But reboot works in no way. If I try to do so, it will result in the PC shutting down and the screen going black. The Fans and harddisks continue to rattle. Then, my PC won't start for something like 2-3 minutes. If I try, it will continue to have a black screen with the noise of the interior. I have to disconnect the power supply for a short while, then I can boot again.

Notes:
1.) I have changed the ram (not for this reason) some months back, but the problems persist.
2.) Even when installing Windows, the forced restart results in the screen going black for a while.
3.) Even when rebooting in BIOS the same thing happens.

I have no idea what to try next. It is not that important, but I'm really curious now what is causing this problem.

Thanks