Dell U2414H vs Asus VN248H-P?

ZuperGtz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
I cant decide between these two monitors. The only main differences are that the Dell has 2 HDMI ports and one VGA, while the Dell has two HDMI ports and one DisplayPort. The bezels are much thinner on the Dell compared to the Asus, but debzeling the Asus would not be a problem. They are both IPS. Response times are almost identical. Why is the Asus $150 cheaper??

Solution
The U in the model# signifies that it is an Ultrasharp model thus it commands a few more bucks for its upgraded color accuracy.
The VN is faster, but honestly. I haven't found a better budget IPS monitor than the HP 21XW: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TJQX9D6/ref=twister_B00UWMLSHU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Infact, it's probably the best deal on price/performance in the US right now, $99 for a very color accurate monitor.

By the way, since it's missing in this thread. You're paying a huge premium on Pivot/Tilt/Height adjustments on the Dell. They are very designer/production friendly features, and you do pay a massive premium for them. The picture quality on the HP I linked, is basically the same as the Dell.

All the best!