Acer Desktop Screen Won't Turn On

Blake Bush

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Hello. I am running windows 10 on a CyberpowerPC gaming computer.
I am unable to get specific hardware information since my acer screen refuses to turn on.

My problem has been that for the past 2 days my screen wont turn on. I leave my computer on and normally, after a few hours the screen would eventually pop up (why does it take so long). This time on the other hand I was looking to boot windows 10 into safe mode through msconfig followed by a restart by pressing shift+restart. Although after doing this the screen stays black as if its in standby mode.
I have checked the connection,
Did a cold restart on the screen,
I made sure the fans and lights were running on my machine,
And i made sure there was a connection.

I intended on putting my computer through a series of malware finding programs in safe mode due to my insanely slow internet and whenever i am in a program, the program minimizes and brings me to the desktop, every 5min. I also found malware that i was unable to delete. So doing safe mode seemed like the best way to solve this.

But after later web surfing on my ipad (where i am now) i found that the only way to put windows 10 is safe mode is through a cd or similar. Which i do not have.

This is a little urgent to get fixed since i am due a large project at school and my computer is the only thing that has it saved on.

Solution
you are missing a lot of info. have you tried any trouble shooting at all? now is a good time to take your computer off the internet. you could try disconnecting the hard drive to see if the system will post. you can also try plugging your monitor into something else. once you know what works and what doesnt you can better identify the problem. also are you using a secondary graphics card or are you using the motherboard graphics? if you are using a secondary graphics card does your motherboard have a graphics output? it could be a whole bunch of different things,

although seems like you picked up a nasty virus there buddy. you have limited options at this point. you can try to save the files you can with some sort of file recovery...

Bignick213

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
you are missing a lot of info. have you tried any trouble shooting at all? now is a good time to take your computer off the internet. you could try disconnecting the hard drive to see if the system will post. you can also try plugging your monitor into something else. once you know what works and what doesnt you can better identify the problem. also are you using a secondary graphics card or are you using the motherboard graphics? if you are using a secondary graphics card does your motherboard have a graphics output? it could be a whole bunch of different things,

although seems like you picked up a nasty virus there buddy. you have limited options at this point. you can try to save the files you can with some sort of file recovery sofware, nuke your hard drive and start over or buy a new one and start over.

from my experience if you have malware that is that agressive you may be out of luck. and on windows 10? even worse. if you have can boot from another source (USB, CD) you may be able to use a program like ultamite boot cd or a similar linux based system to recover the files. i would not hold my breath on it though. if you only have one real computer at your disposal you may be really screwed.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but personally id buy a new hard drive and re install windows. unless you have ways of checking things. the lesson to be learned here is BACKUPS!!! keep many copies of your files and keep them seperate from each other. also DROPBOX is something to look into.

hope we can help you get back up and runnig soon.

Solution