64-bit Windows 10 Pro N: mount doesn't work

spectorsky

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
I've installed 64-bit Windows 10 Pro N, and there doesn't work mount ISO. When I right-click on ISO file, there is 'mount' choice in context menu, but it leads (after several minutes thinking) to error message like 'cannot mount the file'.
Can anybody help? Maybe, it deals with restricting of 'N' version? Any idea will be appreciated.

spectorsky

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
CountMike,
Thanks for reply. This problem is for any ISO, tried about dozen, including ones of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. By the way, OS id (reply of ver command) is 10.0.10240.

PS Sparse bit of ISO is not set.

spectorsky

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
I haven't disabled automatic updating. In XP, it suffices for system to search for updates on Microsoft site. In Windows 10, should I update manually (hopefully without complete reinstalling)?

spectorsky

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
Thanks for advices. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techb... seems to be upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10, and it is not a my case.
The second ref is ISO of fresh windows 10 (several editions), so it may help with update option. However, the site seems to be very busy, my request has been checking for about half an hour. I'll try later, then try to update and tell you the result. Hope that it'll replace corrupt cdrom.sys.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS