Windows 10 rebooted as 7 but can't startup again in win10

pcdude2016

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit a month ago from Windows 7 professional. I don't recall setting I up for dual boot. Tonight it gave me a choice to boot up in either windows 10 or 7.

After selecting windows 7 it restarted as such but I just want my computer to just boot up now in window 10. I cannot figure out how I go the dual boot option screen to come up. I seem to stuck with th computer restarting in Windows 7 an n option t reboot in Windows 10. Help! Thanks.

Solution
Just go to
Control Panel/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced/Startup and Recovery/Settings.../
and set your default operating system to Windows 10.
There is no need to reinstall anything.
in-the-startup-and-recovery-window-you-can-change-the-default-os-and-how-long-to-display-the-list-of-operating-systems-doing-system-bootup.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
ON another pc, download and create a windows 10 installer usb or dvd (Make sure it matches your version)

get it here

change boot order so USB or DVD are first, hdd second
boot using installer
on page after language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up repair - this will scan pc and hopefully fix that problem - it will ask for logon details

see if that helps.

The best way to ensure it never happens again would be a fresh install of win 10 but i would back up everything before hand as a fresh install of win 10 from win 7 includes deleting all the partitions on the drive as win 10 uses a newer partition method than what win 7 uses.

TRENDING THREADS