"Old" PC Price Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondawgs94

Reputable
May 30, 2015
I am wondering whether or not to part out this PC or to sell it whole, when the new line of graphics cards come out.

Intel i5-4690k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus Z97-Pro
Gigabyte bluetooth/wifi card
Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce
1 TB Seagate 7200 rpm Hardrive
16 GB Ram (Don't remember speed or brand)
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
3 Blue LED Phanteks Case Fans

Solution
I'd say $600 to $700 to see it move with relative quickness. A few too many variables to make it an enticing buy for me. Decidedly last gen platform, albeit near identical performance. Lack of an SSD for the boot drive is a pretty large deterrent. What configuration is the memory in? Is it a single 16GB kit or did you mix and match? No mention of the power supply either is a killer. Efficiency, quality and aesthetics are selling points with this.

600-700 moves it quickly, as most people will at bare minimum have to spring for a 120-250GB SSD to make the purchase feel worthwhile. Dealing with warranties is often bothersome when you're not the original buyer, so any build that's even mildly used is an instant 40% off part cost in my...

saxondawgs94

Reputable
May 30, 2015
I agree that it is and I actually have already built a PC with current generation parts. I water cooled and did everything how I really wanted it to be. With the build above I rushed into doing it and had a few regrets. I am hoping to finance Crossfire/SLI with next gen graphics cards.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Agreed. No need to sell that, it'll be good for a few more years at least. Worst case if you have about $250 burning a hole in your pocket? Sell the i5 and get an i7. Add a 256GB SSD for a boot drive. Done.

Geekwad

Admirable
It kinda strikes me at $700-800 to make it move being used. Parting it out may get you a bit more, but could maybe still sell mobo, CPU, cooler and RAM as a unit....then part from there. Depends on how long you want to spend at it, and don't forget to weigh eBay fees into your equation if you go that route.

A quick sell on Craigslist and being done with it is probably the route I'd take.

EDIT: Or here. There may be some traction for that, as it is a good mid-range gamer.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I unselected myself as best answer, I was not selected by the OP and based on his replies he wants to try something different, so my answer is not the right one unless HE agrees its the right one.

Unkk please do not select answers unless you are the OP.

sammy sung

Distinguished
I'd say $600 to $700 to see it move with relative quickness. A few too many variables to make it an enticing buy for me. Decidedly last gen platform, albeit near identical performance. Lack of an SSD for the boot drive is a pretty large deterrent. What configuration is the memory in? Is it a single 16GB kit or did you mix and match? No mention of the power supply either is a killer. Efficiency, quality and aesthetics are selling points with this.

600-700 moves it quickly, as most people will at bare minimum have to spring for a 120-250GB SSD to make the purchase feel worthwhile. Dealing with warranties is often bothersome when you're not the original buyer, so any build that's even mildly used is an instant 40% off part cost in my mind, otherwise it's better to pinch pennies until you can afford new.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.