How do I make my 1080p monitor 1050p without having the black bars.

trentchap

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I have a dual display setup. One monitor on desk then the other above it. The top monitors resolution is 1050p and the bottom one is a 1080p. On my old computer I was able to set the bottom monitor to 1050p without having the black bars on the sides. Does anyone know how to set a 1080p monitor to 1050p without having the black bars?

Solution
You can change how your GPU scales a non-native resolution in your GPU settings. Exactly how varies depending on your GPU.
This sounds like a bad thing to do. Scaling 1050p to 1080p will make all of your text blurry. You are also forcing a 16:10 ration onto a 16:9 screen, which will make everything stretched horizontally. Is there some reason you can't use full native resolution?
You can change how your GPU scales a non-native resolution in your GPU settings. Exactly how varies depending on your GPU.
This sounds like a bad thing to do. Scaling 1050p to 1080p will make all of your text blurry. You are also forcing a 16:10 ration onto a 16:9 screen, which will make everything stretched horizontally. Is there some reason you can't use full native resolution?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS