What programs should I use to maintain my new XPS's speed?

MilesB719

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hello fellow tech enthusiast.
I'm new here as you may be able to see, and was wondering what everyone recommends to use to maintain a new PC's speed. I've heard about the free version of CCleaner and I will be purchasing Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Should I use CCleaner? What else should I use that is safe and not too 'heavy' on ?

Thank you, I appreciate your help so much!

Solution
best way is to try to stay on top of new drivers for your laptop, as they can help maintain the edge. I remember getting my new pc, running ccleaner right away and it deleted folders i needed for some Asus program I had... so I tend not to use it much anymore. Bitdefender is necessary, you can also try malwarebytes but sometimes it and bitdefender can have conflicts. Bitdefenders quick scan can do my entire c drive in 7 seconds...

If you have ssd, you don't need to run defrag, so that is one thing sorted already. I think windows tries to defrag hdd in idle times anyway, confusing people as to why windows using all their hdd when its supposedly doing nothing.

Best way to stay safe is not visit unsafe sites, though bitdefender may stop...

Colif

Win 11 Master
best way is to try to stay on top of new drivers for your laptop, as they can help maintain the edge. I remember getting my new pc, running ccleaner right away and it deleted folders i needed for some Asus program I had... so I tend not to use it much anymore. Bitdefender is necessary, you can also try malwarebytes but sometimes it and bitdefender can have conflicts. Bitdefenders quick scan can do my entire c drive in 7 seconds...

If you have ssd, you don't need to run defrag, so that is one thing sorted already. I think windows tries to defrag hdd in idle times anyway, confusing people as to why windows using all their hdd when its supposedly doing nothing.

Best way to stay safe is not visit unsafe sites, though bitdefender may stop you going to some. Should run Ublock Origin on all browsers, it will stop a ton of sites too. Force you to browse safe

Solution