BSOD System service exception Fresh W10 install

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I come here again for some more help. I started having this weird problem 2 weeks ago where my PC suddenly was taking 5+ minutes to boot instead of the standard 30 seconds or so. Everytime I shut down and restarted it seemed to get worse and worse until today where it pretty much froze every time. Having enough of it I decided to just format and fresh install W10.

Well I am now getting random BSOD's again. It seems like everytime I do a fresh install of W10 I get some random problem, so sick of it!

I am getting a System Service Exception (again) and I'm unsure how to check my dump files. So I come here for help in reading them. If someone can take a second to look it over and let me know what I might be able to do I would appreciate it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64386199/050316-16640-01.dmp

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Ok so to bring anyone up to date. I have done a 12 hour memtest that came back with 0 errors.
I installed W8.1 and still got BSOD and I have gotten BSOD on W10 as well.
I Installed a different HDD (my older one) which ran like garbage, way slower than I remember it being, it never had any BSOD before. I installed a current GPU driver and a game update then tried it out and got System Service Exception BSOD.
So, that rules out my HDD being bad, getting same BSOD on 2 drives with different drivers etc.

Most common BSOD is System_Service_Exception. On the newer HDD I get random lock ups when put under stress. I'm going to try to stress test the GPU with Heaven and see if that comes up with anything. Its not my RAM or my HDD, and I don't think its my Mobo or CPU as I'm getting good temps and performance from them. So I'm down to GPU and PSU....hard to tell.

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
Have you checked your HD and RAM? You can download a linux live cd and do a smart check in it, and most live cds come with a memtest in them as well.If you don't know how to do this, let me know, i can try and guide you.

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I have checked both my HDD and my RAM and both came back clean.

EDIT: its also worth nothing that twice now while playing a game in the past 3 hours it didn't blue screen, but my pc completely froze and I had to force shut down.

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
So its been a couple hours. I havn't had any blue screens since last night. However I am still getting problems while running games. After 10-20 minutes of a game my pc completely locks up and will not unlock, I have to force shut it down.

worked this time, will look at in a minute.
-------------
looks like some razer program was attempting to access a hardware resource for exclusive access and used a bad memory address. I would update the razer programs, and look for audio conflicts or bugs in usb audio drivers.

if you change the memory dump type to kernel it will make a larger memroy dump file (memory.dmp) that will not strip out the hardware debugging info.

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
Well, I have been messing around with tons of stuff the past few hours. I tried downgrading to W8.1 then upgrading from there and that failed with a bunch of BSOD errors. I tried to reinstall W10 with the USB I have and that works just fine, I don't have any Razer software installed currently. The main problem that I have been having is my PC just randomly freezes, usually while playing a game. Tried everything I can think of at this point and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I don't really know how to diagnose a problem that doesn't show up as an error.

I re sat my GPU and RAM sticks to different slots, I also hooked up a brand new sata cable to my hdd (not even sure if that would begin to help, but I did it anyway!).

My HDD/RAM come back clean when I run tests on them, gpu as well. I've been running this pc for 2 years with the same hardware (except the HDD that's new within the past 6 months) and my temps were always in line and are doing fine still today. I cleaned the dust off the gpu anyway when I re sat it.

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
UPDATE - This might be important info

So I ran another memtest (I looked into it and I didn't do it long enough last time) well I let it run all night and it found 0 errors. BUT.

I boot up today and my pc starts...then turns off and starts again....turns off, restarts itself again, and again and again! It got to the windows screen everytime before it just turned off and turned right back on, almost like it lost power for a fraction of a second. Well I finally got it to boot and when it got to my desktop it loaded everything then everything went blue, couldn't see anything, just blue? Turned off, restarted and now its on my desktop again......

soooo im confused now, does this sound like a PSU problem? The psu is around 8 or so years old at this point but I don't know how to test for a psu problem.