Is this PC good enough to play NEW Games?

rVincentC

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: XSPC EX240 Watercooling

Motherboard: ASUS H81M-D mATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Kingston and Transcend (1 x 4GB, 1 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda (2x500GB) 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Saphire GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5

Case: I really don't know what my case is but it's HUGE (3 x 140mm and 4 x 120mm fans all in all)

PSU: Huntkey MAX700w Power Supply

And I am planning to replace my current sticks with 2x8GB sticks, and an ASUS GTX 970 4GB...

Suggestions? TIA

Can't generalize like that, there are new games that can run on a very minimal system and some that even supercomputer may have problems with.
It could use much better GPU, you won't get far without it and with 2GB or even better 4GB memory. Some new games will not even consider installing on 1GB of VRAM. 8GB of system RAM may be necessary too.
Check minimum, mid and recommended setups for each game before you buy it.

This is your main bottleneck -> Video Card: Sapphire GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5

I used one back in early 2014 and it couldn't even handle Skyrim at 1080p medium. To play the latest games you will need one of NVidia GeForces GTX 900 Series GPU's as you mentioned you would like to upgrade to a Asus GTX 970 4GB in the future and that is the one component that is going to give you the biggest performance boost as it is capable of very-high to ultra pc gaming at 1080p.

I own an i5 4460 currently and it is a very good CPU thou at some points I have seen it struggle in games such as the Witcher 3 and some parts of Fallout 4. I'm currently playing Shadow of Mordor with the i5 and a GTX 970 at high settings which is no different from ultra really (the games beautiful and smooth as silk even when fighting a screen full of orcs)

Also I recommend you look at toms PSU guide so you are sure you have the right PSU as you only need around 500-550w for your build:http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

You should seriously think of getting 2x4GB Sticks of 1600mhz RAM as even when I'm using the desktop I can be using 3GB of my 2x4GB RAM (I usually always have Steam, Spotify and Chrome up but also I have background security running) and if your going to get 6GB of RAM then the OS will take 1GB of that for it's self without asking as it needs it and then your stuck with only 5GB usable RAM which is kind of bad. Games now a days can use anything from 500mb - 5-6GB of RAM but some games requirements are recommending 8GB RAM (even though 8Gb has been the standard for a few years now). You should seriously think about your RAM being 8GB in total.

Regards

xNexeon

Commendable
May 3, 2016
The CPU, is a really stable processor, i own one.

You have put on 6gb RAM in total, i would really recommend getting at least 8gb, because games nowdays use up like 6gb, so it'd be good to have 8gb

Your gpu (GTX 660) is really old and probably wouldn't keep up with the latest games, if you could save up some more cash for a Radeon r9 380x 4gb (190$ - 230$), and i also see that your GTX 660 only has 1gb VRAM, thats a nono

If your budget is strict, i would recommend getting an air cooler instead of a water cooler, and put that money towards a better GPU.

You also have a 700w PSU, you don't really need that much power unless you plan on upgrading later on, but still, you're hardly gonna be running 2 Titan X's, so i would recommend putting on an EVGA 500w 80+ psu

-Nex

rVincentC

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Need help again, I just installed the GTX 970 with that 6pin + 2pin wires, and it powers up... the problem is that whenever I play games, after maybe 10 minutes of playing... my pc starts showing black screen with "no video input"

That crappy huntkey PSU could be at fault here HOWEVER I've had a problem with the latest nvidia drivers wherein it keeps creating a phantom second HDMI nvidia audio output which keeps completely crashing (black screening ) my system unless all audio devices but my used one are completely disabled - this does sound kind of similar

rVincentC

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

1. tried the 364 version where it crashes after 10 minutes and I got the setup cd for the card and installed 359.06 and I've played longer but it still crashes 1 time when I exited a game.
2. Overheating might not be affecting this, the case is well ventilated and clean, the room is airconditioned too.
3. maybe yes maybe no, thing is good quality psu is quite scarce here and Im pretty low on budget.

Thanks btw

Oh I forgot, I played Black Ops 3 and the GPU temp is at 56-58c
this is a normal GPU, no OC and no tweaks

rVincentC

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

Maybe that's the case, Ill be heading to the local service shop and ask around, see if they have any idea about it.